MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP DUES
Dues are DUE the 1st day of every month and considered LATE after the 15th of the 3rd month. If you are in jeopardy of falling into Arrears or Suspension, please call the Local's office first! Effective Jan. 1, 2017, the monthly dues rates for Local 253 are as follows:
- Apprentice - $21.00
- Journeyman - $21.00
- Early-Retired - $16.80 (55+ yrs of age & NO LONGER WORKING)
- Retired-65 - $6.00 (65+ yrs of age PLUS 30 yrs of UBC service & NO LONGER WORKING)
- Disabled - $6.00 (Social Security - Notice of Award ltr MUST be on file with Local)
- Honorary Exempt (50+ yrs of UBC service)
* Please remember to add any arrears late fees, if applicable. Contact our office for current balance inquiries!
CREDIT UNION - AUTOMATIC QUARTERLY DUES DEDUCTIONS
"ACTIVE" members have the option to have their 5% Vacation benefit deposited with Union Building Trades Federal Credit Union and their monthly membership dues automatically withdrawn a quarterly basis. If you would like to sign up for the dues deduction program, please stop by the Local 253's office to get started. Quarterly deduction schedule runs as follows:
- March deduction pays July, August & September dues
- June deduction pays October, November & December dues
- September deduction pays January, February & March dues
- December deduction pays April, May & June dues
** Payment authorizations remain in effect from year to year until revoked by the member, in writing to the Local's office, to stop deductions and release the 'hold' from you account.